If you’re looking for an easy dinner without having to work in the kitchen all day, the crock pot is a great option! Here are a few of our favorite healthier recipes to make in your crock pot at home!
-2 c. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
-2 c. baby red potatoes, halved
-4 boneless chicken breasts
-1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
-1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
-1/3 c. brown sugar
-2. Tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
-2 tsp. dried thyme
-2 tsp. dried rosemary
-1 tsp. dried oregano
-1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
-freshly ground black pepper
-2 cloves garlic, minced
1. add Brussels sprouts, potatoes, and chicken to your crock pot in even layers
2. separately whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar, mustard, dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. pour marinade over the chicken and veggies. Add garlic.
4. cover and cook on high until chicken is tender (about 4.5 to 5 hours)
Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup
-1 tsp. ground coriander
-1 piece fresh ginger
-1 small union
-1 small butternut squash
-2 clove garlic
-6 sprig fresh thyme
-1/2 c. couscous
-1/4 c. dried apricots
-1/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
-1 can cannellini beans
-1 can chickpeas
1. in your crockpot, whisk together the coriander, ginger, 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Add the onion, squash, garlic, and thyme and cook and cover until the squash is tender (3 hours high or 5 hours low)
2. 20 minutes before serving, put the couscous in a medium bowl. Add 1¼ cups of hot tap water, cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add the apricots, pistachios, scallion, parsley, and ¼ teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
3. In another medium bowl, mash half of the cannellini beans with a fork until smooth. Turn the crock pot on high and stir in the mash beans. Then add the remaining beas and chickpeas and cook until heated through (for about 3 minutes). Serve the soup in bowls and top with the couscous mixture.
Honey Garlic Chicken & Veggies
-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
-16 oz. baby red potatoes, halved
-16 oz. baby carrots
-16 oz. green beans, trimmed
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the Sauce:
-1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
-1/2 cup honey
-1/4 cup ketchup
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon dried basil
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
-1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a big bowl, mix the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
2. Place the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots, and soy sauce mixture into your crock pot. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high, basting every hour
3. Add green beans during last 30 minutes of cooking time
4. Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots, and green beans.
For more recipes, check out our Pinterest!