We are thrilled to feature Aimie Miller in our May Member Spotlight! A Georgia native, Aimie moved to Birmingham years ago for a previous job as a sports page designer for The Birmingham News and is a proud True40 member. We can count on her to come to the 5:30 am class almost every day (go girl!!). Enjoy getting to know her better below. :)
What's a goal you've always wanted to accomplish?
- I’d like to open a food shop.
How do you wind down from a stressful day?
- It just depends. I like to go out to dinner, but sometimes I also like to cook. There’s something really relaxing about chopping vegetables.
If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
What's your favorite part of your True40 workout?
- The long stretches after each group of exercises.
- Definitely the TRX frog jumps!
Name 3 things you always have in your purse.
- Hand sanitizer, moleskin notebook, and a pen.
What's the best fitness advice you've ever received?
- Listen to your body. Be mindful of its need for rest and recovery so you don’t injure yourself.
How do you spend Saturday morning?
- I like to ease into the day with a yoga class and then head over to Pepper Place and pick up some fruits and vegetables for the week.
What's your favorite holiday and where do you spend it?
- Christmas with family and friends.
What's your favorite book?
- Rules of the Red Rubber Ball.
How do you stay true to you?
- I watch what I eat, but I don’t really diet. You’ll still see me eating Reese’s peanut butter cups.
We love it! Thank you, Aimie! We are so glad you're part of the True40 family.