Our True40 Member Spotlight for March is Emily Shaffer! Emily is originally from Huntington Beach, California. After graduating from college in Florida, she moved to Auburn while her fiancé is finishing engineering school. She is a founding member at True40 and we are so happy to spotlight her this month!
- Whats a New Years resolution you have always wanted to accomplish?
I'm guilty of making pretty superficial resolutions. This year I really hope to work on being the best version of myself (mind, body and spirit) and not let myself become so discouraged by things that are out of my control.
- How do you wind down from a stressful day?
A good sweat always makes me feel better. Whether it's a true40 workout or taking a walk with my dog!
- If you could go anywhere for a vacation, where would you go?
I love Mexico. It would be a dream to bum around from beach town to beach town for a year...does that still count as a vacation?!
- What's your favorite part of your workout?
I love the focus and mind body connection that abs require. It really is the only time I feel like my mind is clear and really focusing on each movement.
- What's your least favorite?
I love to hate arms! They're just so tough!
- Name 3 things you always have in your purse?
Bobby pins, aquaphor (best thing ever for chapped lips!) and my planner!
- What is the best health/fitness advice you’ve ever received?
"You are in charge of your own happiness. Everyday is a new day and you have the power to make sure that everything you do, say and feel will help make you a better person than you were yesterday. A healthy body starts with a healthy mind." My friend is an instructor and tells this to her class before they start their workout; talk about serious motivation!
- How do you spend your Saturday mornings?
Our dog LOVES to cuddle, so most likely I'm sleeping in! But I try my hardest to get up and make it to a true40 class!
- Who is your biggest advocate?
My friend Ellie. She constantly amazes me with how wise she is, I sometimes forget she's the younger one. I can always count on her to remind me how beautiful life is even through the messiest of times. She truly is one of a kind.
- What does community mean to you?
A group of people who are there to constantly love, support and push each other to be the best they can.
- We are our biggest critics, so what is one thing you love about yourself?
I'm very loyal, especially to those closest to me. I will do anything for my family and friends.
- Pick one to share: favorite author, book, song, musician, chef, athlete, tv show
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ace Atkins and his Quinn Colson series. My life basically shuts down whenever he releases a new book, they're so addicting! Fun fact...he's an Auburn grad!
- How do you stay true to you?
Being fully present in my day to day life and cherishing the time I have with people I love. It's hard to not dwell on the past or plan for the future, but it's something that I think we all should be mindful of each day.
Emily, we love your spunk and fun spirit. You are so fun to be around and we're so proud of all of your hard work at the studio. Thank you for being part of our True40 Family!