We are excited to spotlight Lauren Robinson as our Member Spotlight this month! Lauren is originally from Auburn and decided she'd be happiest if she stayed here for school at Auburn University. After completing the Whole 30 diet and eating healthier for the past year, she decided to start her own blog to showcase her creative healthy eating recipes. Lauren was so kind to partner with us for our New Year True40 Balance Challenge- you can find her recipes at Enjoy With Leroy. Lauren is about to hit her 100th True40 class and we couldn't be more proud!
- How do you wind down from a stressful day?
I usually wind down by cooking a yummy dinner while drinking a glass of red wine! Also by diffusing essential oils.
- If you could go anywhere for a vacation, where would you go?
Probably Hawaii! Anywhere that's warm with beautiful beaches!
- What's your favorite part of your workout?
In general, combo work! I like getting to work multiple muscle groups at one time and maximizing my workout! I also love doing side diamonds in glute work because I can always feel the burn!
- What's your least favorite?
Prone glute work!
- Name 3 things you always have in your purse?
Aquaphor, peppermint essential oil, and an Epic bar!
- What is the best health/fitness advice you’ve ever received?
Consistency is key. Change doesn't happen overnight and it takes a consistently healthy diet and exercise to see and feel changes in your body!
- How do you spend your Saturday mornings?
I naturally wake up early, but then I lay in bed and drink iced coffee for way too long!
- Who is your biggest advocate?
My mom! She's always told me I can do anything I put my mind to and pushes me to do more.
- What does community mean to you?
For me, community means a group of people who are consistently there, supportive, loving, and encouraging you to be the best version of yourself.
- We are our biggest critics, so what is one thing you love about yourself?
I love that I can laugh at myself!
- Pick one to share: favorite author, book, song, musician, chef, athlete, tv show
My favorite musician is John Mayer! I am dying to see him in concert.
- How do you stay true to you?
I stay true to myself by reminding myself what my priorities are. There's only so much time in a day, and I have realized it's crucial to prioritize time for the things I enjoy doing (and things I need to do) and it's completely fine to say "no" to things that aren't important.
Lauren, we are so inspired by you and your passion for health and wellness. You are so intentional and genuine with everyone you meet! Thank you for being part of our True40 Family!