Halloween is just around the corner and here are a few of our favorite costumes, decorations, and recipes to get you geared up for this fun holiday!
These are some of our favorite costumes for adults and children!
- Unicorn: Your daughter will love this colorful costume! All you need for this easy no-sew costume is a few different colors of felt and a hot glue gun!
- Statue of Liberty: We loved this clever Lady Liberty costume!
- Buzz Lightyear: This year, your child can be everyone’s favorite Toy Story character! This DIY costume looks just like the real thing!
- Scooby Doo: For parents, we love these Scooby Doo costumes! They’re easy to make and are so fun!
- Rosie the Riveter: We love this costume! All you need is a denim shirt and that signature red bandana!
These are a few simple recipes you can make this Halloween
- Harvest Hash Chex Mix
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Candy Corn and pumpkins
- Reese’s Pieces
- ¾ cup of butter, melted
- ¾ cup of brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk
- In a separate bowl, add the Chex cereal, pretzels and bugles
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and toss gently
- Put the tossed mixture on two trays, on parchment paper
- Bake for 45 minutes, stir every 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and add in other candies
- White Chocolate
- Candy Eyes
- Melt white chocolate in microwave
- Dip strawberries, leave a little trail for “ghost tail”
- Stick on candy eyes and allow to harden
- Cocktail sausages
- Crescent rolls
- Cut crescent roll dough into thin strips
- Wrap around sausage like a mummy
- Bake according to crescent roll directions
Rice Krispie Treat Monsters
- Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
- Cooking Oil
- Box of Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave, stop to stir until completely melted
- Add a little cooking oil after melted to help thin out
- Dip Rice Krispies into candy melts
- Add candy eyes
- Allow to harden
Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch
- 8 oz. V8 Peach Mango
- 6 oz. Izze Peach
- 1 scoop of mango sorbet
- Pour V8 into a glass
- Add Izze Peach
- Top punch with one scoop of sorbet
Witch Finger pretzels
- 17-18 pretzel rods
- 1 bag of dark green candy melts
- 17-18 sliced almonds
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Break pretzels and remove about ¼ of one ned
- Melt the green candy melts. Add vegetable oil to make it a little thinner.
- Dip the ragged end of the pretzel about ¾ of the way down.
- Place on the parchment paper
- Add a sliced almond to the tip of the pretzel and allow to harden
Here are some of our favorite Halloween games for kids!
- Halloween Bingo: Find a fun printable online and play with candy corn as the chips!
- Spider Races: Get two colorful straws and some plastic spiders, and have your children blow into the straw to propel the spider! Whoever makes it to the other side first wins!
- Pumpkin Patch Stomp: Inflate some orange balloons and spread them out in the yard like a “pumpkin patch” and let your kids see who can stomp the most pumpkins in the patch!
- Bobbing for Apples: This classic game is always a fun one on Halloween!
- Pin the Spider on the Web: An old favorite as well, this Halloween version will be sure to entertain your kids!
We can’t wait for this Halloween! To find more ideas, check out our Pinterest.