Congratulations to our member spotlight for September, Emily Harris! Emily has been a dedicated member since March and has already completed over 100 classes! Originally from Florence, her husband's job brought them to Auburn four years ago. Auburn has always been their home away from home and they were thrilled when the opportunity to move here presented itself. They have loved living here and becoming a part of the Auburn community! They truly embrace all things Auburn, and are some of the biggest fans you will every meet! We love seeing Emily just about every morning and actively participate in all of our challenges and activities. We are truly honored to celebrate you this month Emily!
What is a New Years resolution you have always wanted to accomplish?
- Finding an activity that I enjoy and that makes me feel good and being able to stick to it. True40 has been ALL of that and more for me!!
What's your favorite part of the workout?
- I Love so much about True40, but I would say my favorite part is using the TRX straps. I love the challenge that they give me and being able to use my own body weight to control the resistance.
What is your least favorite?
- Glute work!! Enough said!
What is the best health/fitness advice you've ever received?
- You Don't have to do long cardio sessions to be healthy, find a balance workout plan that includes strength, cardio and flexibility training. That is what your body needs. (Hello True40!!!)
How do you spend your Saturday mornings?
- If I am in town, I like to come to a True40 class on Saturday mornings. I am so excited that it is time for college football again! Now my Saturday mornings will consist of tailgating and cheering on my Auburn Tigers!!
Who is your biggest advocate?
- My husband Bob is my biggest advocate, inspiration and knowledge base! He is the most dedicated person I know to his health and fitness and can answer any question I have about these topics. He inspires me to be healthy and is always encouraging me to work harder and eat healthier.
What does community mean to you?
- A community is more than just a group of people living in a particular area. A community is a group of people we lean on when times are tough; our friends, family, and neighbors who are there for us when we need love, support and encouragement and who accepts us for who we are.
We are our biggest critics, so what is one thing you love about yourself?
- Being a mother and how I try every day to show my two wonderful daughters how special they are and how much they are loved!!
What is your favorite holiday and where do you spend it?
- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is truly about taking time to be thankful for all of our blessings and being with the ones we love. I usually get to spend part of the weekend with family and part with friends attending or watching the Iron Bowl.
Lastly, how do you stay true to you?
- I stay true to myself by being kind to myself. I try to take time out of each day, no matter how busy I am, just for me. A True40 class always helps to ground me and clear my mind. I embrace my flaws, because they are a part of me. No one is perfect, no matter how close they may seem to be. I remind myself that change is a constant in life so go with it. Most importantly, I surround myself with good people!
Thank you Emily for sharing your enthusiasm and beautiful spirit with us, we are so lucky to have you in our True40 family!!